#Undergrad Researcher; §Graduate Student Researcher
27. §Siddiqui, S., A. Sadovski, J. L. Conkle. (2020) Contiguous U.S. surface water availability and short-term trends of wastewater effluent flows in San Antonio, TX. Environmental Pollution, IN PRESS
26. §Naik, R. A., A. I. Hossain, §L. S. Rowles, M. Yen, R. M. Aldossary, O. G. Apul, J. L. Conkle, N. B. Saleh. (2020) Microplastic Particle versus Fiber Generation During Photo-Transformation in Simulated Seawater. Science of the Total Environment, 736, 139690
25. §Siddiqui, S., J. Scarpa, A. Sadovski, J. L. Conkle. (2020) An analysis of U.S. wastewater treatment plant effluent dilution ratio: Implications for water quality and aquaculture. Science of The Total Environment, 721, 137819.
24. Wang, L, J. Wang, J. Wang, L. Zhu, J.L. Conkle, R. Yan. (2020) Soil types influence the characteristic of antibiotic resistance genes in greenhouse soil with long-term manure application. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 392.
23. §Waddell, E. N., §N. Lascelles, J. L. Conkle. (2020) Microplastic contamination in Corpus Christi Bay blue crabs, Callinectes sapidus. Limnology & Oceanography Letters. 5, (1), 92-102.
22. §Haddad, S. P., §R. B. Taylor, §L. Lovin, J. L. Conkle, C. K. Chambliss, B. W. Brooks. (2019) Determination ofmicrocystins, nodularin, anatoxin-a, cylindrospermopsin, and saxitoxin in water and fish tissue using isotope dilution liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry. Journal of Chromatography A, 1599, 66-74.
21. §Scott, W. C., §S. P. Haddad, §G. N. Saari, C. K. Chambliss, J. L. Conkle, C. W. Matson, B. W. Brooks. (2019) Influence of salinity and pH on bioconcentration of ionizable pharmaceuticals by the Gulf killifish, Fundulus grandis. Chemosphere, 229, 434-442.
20. Brooks, B. W., J. L. Conkle. (2019) Perspectives on Aquaculture, Urbanization and Water Quality. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology - Part C: Toxicology & Pharmacology, 217, 1-4.
19. §Martin, K. M., E. A. Hasenmueller, J. R. White, L. G. Chambers, J. L. Conkle. (2018) Microplastic sampling, sorting and characterization in aquatic environments with high suspended sediment loads and large floating debris. JoVE, 137
18. Conkle, J. L., #C. D. Báez Del Valle, J. W. Turner. (2018) Are We Underestimating Microplastic Contamination in Aquatic Environments? Environmental Management, 61(1), 1-8
17. Jiang, W., J. L. Conkle, Y. Luo, J. Li, XU, K., J. Gan. (2016) Occurrence, distribution and accumulation of pesticides in exterior residential areas. Environmental Science & Technology, 50 (23), 12592-12601
16. Jiang, W., Y. Luo, J. L. Conkle, J.L. Li, J. Gan. (2015) Pesticides on residential outdoor surfaces: Runoff model prediction and aquatic toxicology. Pest Management Science, 72, 1411-1420
15. Conkle J.L., J.A. Cabrera, J. Thomas, D. Wang and J. Gan. (2015) Effects of CO2 dissolution on phase distribution and degradation of dimethyl disulfide (DMDS) in soils under grape production. Pest Management Science, 72, 349-353
14. Wu, S., L. K. Dodgen, J. L. Conkle, J. Gan. (2015) Plant Uptake of Pharmaceutical and Personal Care Products from Recycled Water and Biosolids: A Review. Science of the Total Environment, 536, 655-666.
13. Wu, S., J. L. Conkle, F. Ernst, J. Gan. (2014) Treated Wastewater Irrigation: Uptake of Pharmaceutical and Personal Care Products by Common Vegetables under Field Conditions. Environmental Science & Technology, 48(19), 11286-11293.
12. Young, M. H., R. L. Green, J. L. Conkle, M. McCullough, D. A. Devitt, L. Wright, B. J. Vanderford, S. A. Snyder. (2014). Field-scale monitoring of pharmaceutical compounds applied to active golf courses by recycled water. Journal of Environmental Quality, 43(2), 658-670.
11. Wu, Xiaoqin, F. Ernst, J. L. Conkle, J. Gan. (2013). Comparative uptake and translocation of pharmaceuticals and personal care products (PPCPs) by common vegetables. Environment International, 60, 15-22.
10. Theriot, J, J. L. Conkle, S. R. Pezeshki, R. D. DeLaune, J. R. White. (2013). Will hydrologic restoration of Mississippi River riparian wetlands improve their critical biogeochemical functions? Ecological Engineering 60, 192-198.
9. Anderson, M. A., J. L. Conkle, P. Pacheco, J. Gan. (2013). Use of hydroacoustic measurements to characterize bottom sediments and guide sampling and remediation of organic contaminants in lake sediments. Science of the Total Environment. 458-460: 117-124.
8. Wu, S., J. L. Conkle, J. Gan. (2012). Multi-residue determination of pharmaceutical and personal care products in vegetables. Journal of Chromatography A 1254, 78-86.
7. Wang, W., L. Delgado-Moreno, J. L. Conkle, M. Anderson, C. Amrhein, Q. Ye, J. Gan. (2012). Characterization of sediment contamination patterns by hydrophobic pesticides to preserve ecosystem functions of drainage lakes. Journal of Soils and Sediments 12(9): 1407-1418.
6. Conkle, J. L., J Gan, M. A. Anderson (2012). Degradation and sorption of commonly detected PPCPs in wetland sediments under aerobic and anaerobic conditions. Journal of Soils and Sediments. 12(7): 1164-1173.
5. Conkle, J. L., J. R. White. (2012). An initial screening of antibiotic effects on microbial respiration in wetland soils. Journal of Environmental Science and Health, Part A 47 (10): 1381-1390.
4. Conkle, J. L., C. V. Lattao, J. R. White, R. L. Cook. (2010). Competitive sorption and desorption behavior for three fluoroquinolone antibiotics in a wastewater treatment wetland soil. Chemosphere 80: 1353-1359.
3. Conkle, J. L., C. V. Lattao, J. R. White, R. L. Cook. (2009). Pharmaceutical analysis for environmental samples: Individual and simultaneous determination of ciprofloxacin, ofloxacin and norfloxacin using an HPLC with fluorescence and UV detection with a wetland soil matrix. Analytical Letters 42(18): 2937 - 2950.
2. Conkle, J. L., J. R. White, C. D. Metcalfe. (2008). Reduction of pharmaceutically active compounds by a lagoon wetland wastewater treatment system in Southeast Louisiana. Chemosphere 73(11): 1741-1748.
1. Akers, S. M., J. L. Conkle, S. N. Thomas, K. B. Rider. (2006). Determination of the heat of combustion of biodiesel using bomb calorimetry - A multidisciplinary undergraduate chemistry experiment. Journal of Chemical Education 83(2): 260-262.